Can't log in to RSA Box

Every password I've tried in keepass doesn't work for this particular server (see keepass on right). I just inherited this environment from someone else and documentation is nil.

I can access the RSA console over the web from another server, but can't seem to log in to this RSA/windows box with any password I try.

I need options, no matter how good or bad they are.

The server is externally hosted and virtualized on hyperv



pse see this http://blog.redbranch.net/2013/10/07/rsa-security-console-forgotten-admin-password/
as it attempts to restore existing admin with another created temporary admin account.



pse see this http://blog.redbranch.net/2013/10/07/rsa-security-console-forgotten-admin-password/
as it attempts to restore existing admin with another created temporary admin account.



That's the password for the admin console, not the password for the windows local admin account



if the Windows box is not disk encrypted using bitlocker or eqv..I am thinking to try F8 to go into Windows® Boot Menu choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and enter the following to create another admin called "root" and use it to reset the Administrator password (by default it should be empty when OS first setup)
net user root /add
net localgroup Administrators root /add
net localgroup Users root /delete



So before doing this on the production server (rebooting, trying to get into safe mode with CMD), I wanted to practice this on a dummy server. I brought up a VM specifically to test with, yet every time I choose the safe mode w/CMD it still boots to windows.

Thoughts? I don't want to boot the production VM and potentially disrupt services if i'm going to experience the same behavior.



I've successfully used this utility before: http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

You have to boot to the CD ISO image, and then use the tool to edit Windows SAM.

Suggest you test it first on another machine.

Suggest you also take a snapshot and/or backup prior to performing the operation on a production system.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget