cannot install .net 3.5 on windows 2012 via add roles/features

hi, I have a windows 2012 vm on hyperv. I cannot get it to install .net 3.5. I go via the add roles and features wizard. tick it and then tell it the location of the dvd and I've tried a mounted ISO.
when I install, I then get
installation of one or more roles services or features failed.
the source files could not be found. try installing the roles........
click specify an alter.......

I have been using e:sourcesxs

I've also tried
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /all /Source:e:sourcessxs /LimitAccess
and get to 66.2% with the source files could not be found.....

HELP, any thing else I can try



Try it again using the ".NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable" before Updates install C++ again.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=65
I think that is the correct redistributable.



I had the same issue on a new Windows 2012 R2, I had to uninstall VC++ 2012, then I could install3.5



I have just removed VC ++ 2012, it was part of avg, also removed that and hasn't worked



How about any other VC++?



There were two, but none now



Try it again using the ".NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable" before Updates install C++ again.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=65
I think that is the correct redistributable.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget