Excel not cooperating

Hi, I have a variety of MP3, Wave, cwb (a Sonar program) professional background tracks. I would like to create a play list of these songs in Excel. Reason; that gives me extra columns and can add such things as KEY, TEMPO, CAPO, etc. it would really be helpful to have everything display on one line when I play. So I went to a couple of songs and created a shortcut and attempted to put the shortcuts in Excel and it won't let me. What I see is a bunch of jarbish (numbers and symbols) displayed all over Excel instead of just a SHORTCUT. If I put the shortcut on my desktop or in my documents folder if pulls it right up but not in Excel. Here is a message I get from Excel when I try to do this.

Is there a setting in Excel that would allow me to do this? Thanks for your help.



Sorry, forgot the pic.



Sorry, forgot the pic.



The file you are trying to open (*.MP3) cannot be opened by Excel. It is not an allowed format. That is why it opens from a different application when you open it on the desktop. Excel won't do this.

You need to get one of the MP3 organizers that will let you catalogue MP3 files.



There are several organizers. Here is a list to get you started.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/best-free-file-disk-catalog-organizer.htm



Thanks for that. I took a quick look at this site and it appears these are all organizers that allow you to quickly access what you want. This is really not what I am looking for. I am trying to put shortcuts of various tracks on a document of some type that I could add extra columns for other information I need. Could I do this in Notepad?



Notepad is a text application and it will not open an MP3 file either. I am not sure how else except for an MP3 organizer.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget