Folder only accessable by name NOT IP

I have several folders that I can access by \computername but when I access by \192.168.168.168 it prompts for a password and even with admin password it denies access.



It ended up being a windows update that effected the computer name environmental variable.



I recall experiencing this issue as well.

I'm just gonna throw this out there and hope it helps you or at least guides you in the right direction.
Try disabling ipv6 in the network interface settings
or
I vaguely recall it was related to a sync center setting.



I have ipv6 off. Im not sure how to do the sync center thing.



I don't recall what exactly I did to resolve or I would help you. I know that at the time it made little sense to me.
Have you looked at your firewall/home sharing/ just throwing these out there



It ended up being a windows update that effected the computer name environmental variable.



I ended up figuring out the solution out on my own.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget