How do i go about deleting a mysql instance, and rename another mysql instance to take its place.

I have two instances of windows mysql running. mysql, and mysql56. I want to delete mysql and just rename mysql56 to mysql. Recommendations? I have very little sql or mysql experience.

Right now the mysql instance fails, and wasn't fully setup when i screwed it up. I had a .sql script which didn't run correctly and hosed something up. The secondary mysql56 instance however is setup with the .sql script correctly and picked up all the correct tables and even seemed to merge properly from another database. I don't want to try to save the original mysql instance, i just want to get the new mysql56 going.

Further info, i have mysql instance with database thinmint. I have mysql56 with that same database in it as well. That is the only database that matters to me...I think i have a test database and whatever came with the original mysql setup.



delete the old instance (from services):sc delete MySQL (note from cmd or command with admin, not from ps)

Then from what i've searched for seems to state that i'm going to need to create a new schema/instance, export the database out of the old mysql isntance and import the database in to the new schema. This sound about right?

edit: importing to the new instance worked for me, though it sounds like it doesn't work for everyone. I did make some permission changes in order for it to work, including removing old permissions and adding in new ones (even when they were the same names);



delete the old instance (from services):sc delete MySQL (note from cmd or command with admin, not from ps)

Then from what i've searched for seems to state that i'm going to need to create a new schema/instance, export the database out of the old mysql isntance and import the database in to the new schema. This sound about right?

edit: importing to the new instance worked for me, though it sounds like it doesn't work for everyone. I did make some permission changes in order for it to work, including removing old permissions and adding in new ones (even when they were the same names);









Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget