How to access my RWW or access my server using RDP/MSTSC from outside the office when port 443 is already in use

I have a Windows 2012 R2 Domain controller (VM) & Exchange 2013 with all the roles on another Windows 2012 R2 (VM)

These both virtual machine are hosted on Windows 2012 R2 single physical IBM machine.

I have forwarded port 443 using my router to Exchange 2013 private IP 192.168.5.5 (web access to exchange OWA)

Now I want to access Remote Work Space (RWW) that is enabled on the Domain Controller

I have found that its is also using port 443.

My router supports single wan connection. Cisco RV120W
(http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/rv120w-wireless-n-vpn-firewall/index.html)

So i can only use single IP address (though my ISP has allotted 5 public static IP)

How to access my RWW or access my server using RDP/MSTSC from outside the office.



1. Create a VPN. That gives unlimited access to the LAN resources, as you can use the internal IPs and ports. Probably not what you want to do for now.

2. Use a different public port, and map that to the real IP and port.

3. Create a virtual web root on the Exchange IIS with redirection to the real server (no clue how to do that, though).



1. Create a VPN. That gives unlimited access to the LAN resources, as you can use the internal IPs and ports. Probably not what you want to do for now.

2. Use a different public port, and map that to the real IP and port.

3. Create a virtual web root on the Exchange IIS with redirection to the real server (no clue how to do that, though).



thanks for the suggestion
sorry i missed mentioning that I don't want to setup or connect through VPN



There are still 2 other suggestions ...



I am trying option number 2.

Port Forwarding Rule Table
Action Service Status Source IP Destination IP Internal Port
Always Allow rww Enabled Any 192.168.5.2 443
Always Allow mail Enabled Any 192.168.5.5 443

Custom Service Table
Name Type ICMP Type / Port Range / Protocol Number
mail TCP 443 - 443
rww TCP 444 - 444

from out side the network i am trying:
https://mail.mydomain.com (this is landing at exchange owa & working fine)

https://rww.mydomain.com:444 (this is not working)



Can you try (just for test) to redirect 443 to RWW for a short time? Just seeing if the HTTPS port is all you need, or you have to redirect 987 too.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget