Mapping drive letter to My Documents within the Redirected Folder

Hello,

This is a new installation.

I am deploying Windows 2012 R2 Essentials to replace an aging Windows 2003 SBS.

I have enabled Folder Redirection via the Essentials console. This consequently redirects My Documents to \ServerNameFolder RedirectionUserNameDocuments.

I need to map Z: to the same folder so that My Documents and Z: display the same thing. This is because users have several links to the drive letter.

I've tried doing this using Drive Maps, but it does not seem to be working. Is there a correct way or format to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Real-Time



You could map the Z drive as a Home Folder under the user properties in AD. Just set the path to...

\ServerNameFolder Redirection%UserName%Documents

when making the change to all the users at once.



You could map the Z drive as a Home Folder under the user properties in AD. Just set the path to...

\ServerNameFolder Redirection%UserName%Documents

when making the change to all the users at once.



I tried that but it seemed to be breaking a bunch of stuff, permissions, etc.



I've given up and just mapped to the Users folder rather than to the redirected folder. Thanks - i'm going to close this question.



The best way to do this is to use group policy preferences to map the drive.

I believe the variable you would use is %logonuser% but not 100% sure.

If this is something you still want, I can get the exact steps.



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget