SharePoint 2013 crawling a Windows Server 2012 Box

I've been trying to setup crawling on a Windows Server 2012 file share. I've followed the instructions in the link below;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2817731

Unfortunately I am still getting this error:

The crawl account did not have sufficient privileges to access the security attributes of this file or folder. Ensure the crawl account has the 'Manage auditing and security log' privilege.


I've even gone as far as making the crawl account a domain administrator, still getting the same issue on the Windows Server 2012 box. I've also tried this across multiple Windows Server 2012 servers and getting the same response. As a test cause I created a File Share on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box and was able to successfully crawl the same data.

Has anyone else run into this problem?



So incredibly frustrated here. If anyone else runs into this problem, make the changes in the article I linked in my first post, then "Reset the Search Index". This can take a long time, but once done SharePoint should start working again. ** Warning: You are going to need to do a full crawl on ALL of your content sources once you've done this.

I can only imagine how many people that this would simply not be an option for, but for those that it is. This was the quick fix for me.



So incredibly frustrated here. If anyone else runs into this problem, make the changes in the article I linked in my first post, then "Reset the Search Index". This can take a long time, but once done SharePoint should start working again. ** Warning: You are going to need to do a full crawl on ALL of your content sources once you've done this.

I can only imagine how many people that this would simply not be an option for, but for those that it is. This was the quick fix for me.









Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget