Weird batch error when working with reg.exe

Hello,

basically I am having a weird issue when I try to use a batch file to pull a bit of text from a text file - I try and turn it into a variable and then write that variable to the value of a registry key. It's fairly straight forward but when I execute the file, the reg part completely ignores the variable (the key ends up having /f in it, instead of what I want). See below.



Because it's xwowvar, not wowvar



Because it's xwowvar, not wowvar



Apologies, that must have been when I was putting it in here - it made no difference.



Can you upload your TXT file here, the exact one you are using?

I suspect it may not have normal Windows end of line (EOL) syntax, and may have either just a single carriage return, or a single line feed at the end of a line.

~bp



See attached.



Ah, that's a unicode file, so you can try this.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget