What software do I need to convert ".mov" files to another format (wmv, avi, etc.)?

I received a CD (not DVD) containing a home movie with the ".mov" extension. It is unable to play on my Windows 7 Pro computer. I spoke to someone from Apple who recommended the free "VLC media player". I installed that software and I am able to view the video.

I purchased Roxio Creator NXT Pro 3 software, (which, from the description, is suppose to be able to convert ".mov" files). However, after installing the product, I find that is not the case.

What software would you recommend to convert the ".mov" video to any other format (which would enable me to view it on my smart phone, or view it on my computer, or write it to a DVD disc)?

Thank you for your help!



I use a program called FreeMake. There are two versions but I use the Video converter to do both. It allows you to take any link directly to a video (including youtube or vimeo) and download it. Whilst doing that you have the option to make it be a number of formats and either upscale or downscale it accordingly. It's very easy to use program. I would only warn you that when installing make sure to uncheck any additional software the install might come with. Treat it like it has the crapware from cnet.com downloads.

http://www.freemake.com/



I use a program called FreeMake. There are two versions but I use the Video converter to do both. It allows you to take any link directly to a video (including youtube or vimeo) and download it. Whilst doing that you have the option to make it be a number of formats and either upscale or downscale it accordingly. It's very easy to use program. I would only warn you that when installing make sure to uncheck any additional software the install might come with. Treat it like it has the crapware from cnet.com downloads.

http://www.freemake.com/



My favorite to date has been Format Factory

http://www.pcfreetime.com/


It has resolved all of my encoding issues for most of my devices.



I am more inclined to purchase software, instead of using freeware.



If that is the case then this software is highly praised among many websites. It seems to do everything and anything you want a video converter software to do.

http://video-converter-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avs-video-tools-review.html

But for the record, I myself have premiere because I do video editing and still use FreeMake to do my video conversions because it is a lot faster.



Handbrake is great and it's free
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget