Win server 2008 R2 can't find device after install Raid card Driver

hi,

I am installing windows server 2008 R2, after I install the Raid card driver, it still can't find any hard driver, I even tried update firmware of the Raid Card, update the driver from website, still no working, my raid card is LSI 9850se, firmware is 9.5.3, that mean : 10.0.0.0.7, even I update to the newest one 9.5.5.2, 10.0.0.0.27,website show it suppose support win 2008 R2, now I have 2 1T as Raid 1 as system driver, 6 1T Raid 10 as data driver. any idea for that?

thanks

Simon



What is the model of your server?

Does the drive show on the POST screen? When you enter CTRL-A and choose SCSI Disk Utilities, does it see the drive there?
When you boot Windows, did you press F6 to install a third party driver, press F6. Windows will later present you with the option to load you drives.

Regards



What is the model of your server?

Does the drive show on the POST screen? When you enter CTRL-A and choose SCSI Disk Utilities, does it see the drive there?
When you boot Windows, did you press F6 to install a third party driver, press F6. Windows will later present you with the option to load you drives.

Regards



LSI is use Alt +3 go into setup, I can setup all my hard driver into Raid 1 and Raid 50, windows 2008 R2, no need to use F6, only windows 2003 need F6



I found a new thing, even I take out the Raid card ,make the hard drive direct connect to mother board, it will show on the Bios, but when I install windows still can't detect any hard drive, is that mean the software issue?

thanks



I had a Supermicro X7DVL-E mother board and Sata833 hard drive board, my raid card is : LSI 9650SE 8 port , I can see all the hard drive and setup my hard drive as 2X1T as Raid 1 , 6 X 1T as Raid 50, but when I try install windows 2008 R2, after I load Raid card driver, it still can't detect the hard drives. I have change to different raid card, same issue.

I have updated the motherboard to the newest bios firmware, and I also try directly connect one hard drive to montherbaord, it can be detected in bios, but when I install windows 2008 R2, it can't detect the hard drive too. any idea for that? do I also need to put the motherboard drive CD to load the driver when I install windows 2008 R2?



and I try the raid card on the second computer it can detect the hard drive and install 2008 R2 no issue. so that mean either motherboard or the Sata833 hard drive board is defective?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget