Windows 10 Technical Preview Won't detect 2nd Monitor

Hello,

I have a Asus G750 laptop running a nVidia 860M and Intel 4600 graphics. My machine is setup to dual boot either Win 8.1 or Win 10 Technical preview. I mostly use the laptop at home with a Samsung LED external monitor plugged into the HDMI port.

This setup works fine for Win 8.1 but Win 10 does not detect or recognize this monitor. I've tried removing and re-installing device drivers for both the nVidia and Intel graphics but no luck. Win 10 performs ok using my built in laptop display.

Any thoughts on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you



Just out of interest, have you tried running Windows update to see if it has an updated driver for your graphics card? have you tried a different monitor via HDMI/VGA?



Just out of interest, have you tried running Windows update to see if it has an updated driver for your graphics card? have you tried a different monitor via HDMI/VGA?



Yes, I always run Win update after Win 10 loads just to make sure I haven't missed anything. I haven't tried a different monitor though - good idea, I'll give it a try.

Thanks



Maybe try the monitor you currently but through VGA if its available?



Actually, after a couple Win 10 updates and subsequent re-starts, I was prompted to install nVidia drivers for my 860M. Now the external monitor is recognized and works fine. I noticed that the diver version that it wanted to install is an earlier version compared to what is installed on the Win 8.1 side but at least it works.

Thanks for the suggestions.



Thats good to hear! We have a couple of clients running win10 and things seem to be quite buggy but afterall it is the tech preview.

R

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget