Windows 2008 R2 or 2012 R2?

I am at a decision point. I got a new server with 2012 R2 but has the ability to downgrade to 2008 R2. The server it's replacing runs 2008 R2 and the software runs fine with it and that's not the reason it's getting replaced. Should I stay with 2012 or load 2008?



Why not go with something that will be supported in the future? Server 2012 will have support for newer machines, GPO's, etc. In my opinion there is no reason to downgrade unless there is a specific vendor software requirement.



Why not go with something that will be supported in the future? Server 2012 will have support for newer machines, GPO's, etc. In my opinion there is no reason to downgrade unless there is a specific vendor software requirement.



I should also mention that 2012 is more efficient on system resources than 2008.



Will it have problems in a 2008 SBS environment?



Is this just going to be a member server or are you going to be migrating your 2008 SBS to 2012?



Member server.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget