WIndows Validation in process

Windows keeps opening internet explorer, and redirecting me to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ to validate, but starts it automatically. Then it just sits there for a while, succeeds, and then opens up a page offering me to download the Microsoft security essentials (which I do not want). If I close this add window it goes away, but then comes back later.

Why does it do this? How can I make it stop.

I already confirmed, my OS is licensed, and activated.



Check for viruses. Run your own Anti Virus application and then run Malwarebytes (malwarebytes.org)

Check in your hosts file to see if there is a redirect entry in there. (C:windowssystem32driversetchosts.

Look in Programs and Features for programs you did not install and look dodgy or incorrect.

Look in IE, Tools, Manage Add-ins and disable most add-ins.



Check for viruses. Run your own Anti Virus application and then run Malwarebytes (malwarebytes.org)

Check in your hosts file to see if there is a redirect entry in there. (C:windowssystem32driversetchosts.

Look in Programs and Features for programs you did not install and look dodgy or incorrect.

Look in IE, Tools, Manage Add-ins and disable most add-ins.



@icecom4 - Thanks and I was happy to help.







Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget