WSUS on Windows Server 2012 R2

Hi experts,

I have a question on installing WSUS on a Windows Server 2012 R2.
I`m planning to use WID for that.

Can anybody tell me, what this WID exactly is?
On the server we have 3 more applications, which already use databases:
- MSSQLEXPRESS 2012
- MSSQLEXPRESS 2014
- MSSQLEXRESS 2008 R2



WID means Windows Internal Database. Its a free cut down SQL database server. If you already have SQL server installed, then I would recommend using that instead of WID as I have found administering WSUS on WID database to be slow and unreliable and wsus console losing connection constantly.



WID means Windows Internal Database. Its a free cut down SQL database server. If you already have SQL server installed, then I would recommend using that instead of WID as I have found administering WSUS on WID database to be slow and unreliable and wsus console losing connection constantly.



Hi,

I think there is no real SQL server on the machine.
Those should be Express version, which have limitations?

But would it be possible to install the WID while the other SQL servers are installed?



Yes. Since WID is just SQL server, I can coexist just like any other SQL instance.



OK, does anybody know whta exactly is WID in Win2k12 R2?



That's already been answered. It is a custom version of SQL Server.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget