Boot problem in Windows 2008 R2

Hi,
after reboot, I am unable to start my Windows Server 2008 R2 server, even with recovery option (F8).
I booted server with original SO dvd, and I am trying to recovery OS from there.
I am able to see the two partitions (C: = SO and D: data), but from menu I don't see any operating system to recover.

Anyway, I can run command prompt.
What can I do?
Thank you



I used: bootsect /nt60 e: /MBR
Command was succesful, but OS is not recognized.



I used: bootsect /nt60 e: /MBR
Command was succesful, but OS is not recognized.



did you get any error massages when it won't boot, or what happens?
you can run a chkdsk from command prompt
and if you doubt the disk, run best a manufacturer's diag on it
most can be found on the UBCD :
Hardware diagnostic CD UBCD

go to the download page, scroll down to the mirror section, and click on a mirror to start the download
Download the UBCD and make the cd <<==on a WORKING PC, and boot the problem PC from it
Here 2 links, one to the general site, and a direct link to the download

since the downloaded file is an ISO file, eg ubcd527.iso - so you need to use an ISO burning tool
if you don't have that software, install cdburnerXP : http://cdburnerxp.se/

If you want also the Ram tested - run memtest86+ at least 1 full pass, - you should have NO errors!

For disk Diagnostics run the disk diag for your disk brand (eg seagate diag for seagate drive) from the HDD section - long or advanced diag ! (runs at least for30 minutes)

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ ultimate boot cd
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html download page

** you can make a bootable cd - or bootable usb stick



When you get to the command line and see C: and D: what directories are there on these drives?
And what are the sizes of these drives?



I had a similar issue where the root problem was an antivirus software creating folders and files in the system reserved partition after a full system scan.

I opened a command prompt from the windows intallation dvd, launched notepad, selected save as, navigated to the drives list, and erased the folders and files created on the system reserved partition by the infamous software (i used notepad but you can use anything that makes you able to explore system drives from the installation dvd)

Then if I remember well, launched the repair installation option and had about 3 reboots (dont touch any key, just be pacient) in the repair process untill the Operating system started again.



Forgot to say that before doing what I say in my previous post I used bootsect command as well and was succesfull, but muy O.S. still wasnt starting. This made me start thinking on a problem on the system recovery partition.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget