Cant Access a specific Server from a specific User Profile

Hello all, I have a issue where I cant reach a specific server host using the host name. I can access every other server no issues.
I log on to another machine using his profile and same result. I can get to the shared folder using the machine IP but 1/2 my programs don't work because they reference the host name.

I have tried added the host name to the host file and still nothing

I am using Windows 7 machines to a 2008R2 server



Have you checked his access credentials on that server? If you are using Exchange Server on your Domain, I would create a new PST file and copy his data over to the PST file, then Delete his user from the Server and recreate his account.

Also check to make sure that his DNS settings are pointing to the DNS Server first Then to the Router and the Web



Have you checked his access credentials on that server? If you are using Exchange Server on your Domain, I would create a new PST file and copy his data over to the PST file, then Delete his user from the Server and recreate his account.

Also check to make sure that his DNS settings are pointing to the DNS Server first Then to the Router and the Web



It not an Exchange Server.

I have a question on access-if it was a permission thing why can i get to the server using the ip \192.166.x.x.
but not using the host name\server



When you ping the host name\server what IP does it find try running tracert 192.166.x.x and see where it resolves to

Check the DNS portion of the User's network interface V4



weird.. When i ping server I get the right IP

When I trace it i get the right server

But when i try and \server in file explore: You do not have permission

but if \192.168..x no issues



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget