DCHP Scope Full

I have a domain integrated DHCP server on a Windows Server 2012 machine. The DHCP Server event log is showing warnings of the scope being 93 percent full with only 9 ip addresses available. The DHCP server is not handing out new ip address, but when I look in the GUI of the management console I count more than 70 unused IP addresses in the scope.



Do you have the DHCP role installed on any other server that may have taken over authoritative role?



Do you have the DHCP role installed on any other server that may have taken over authoritative role?



I do have a second server that's configured for DHCP failover. When I right-click the DHCP server in the gui of my primary DHCP server OR my backup server, I only have the option to "unauthorize"; which leads me to believe it is authorized.



If I look at the DHCP statistics, it shows 135 addresses in use. I count all the addresses in use and it's not even half that.



Ranges might be excluded, and/or addresses reserved.



everything that does not need static make sure their leases expire to free up ip addresses

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget