DHCP CREDENTIALS ON WINDOWS SERVER 2012 STANDARD

Hello everybody,

I have a SBS 2003. I remember after weeks of working suddenly we lost the communication with the server. I do not remember the details but we had to create a user ID and Password for DHCP Credentials after this everything was fine.

Now I have a Windows server 2012 standard and I need to know if I have to do the same with this.

Could you give me a hand with this?

Thank you



Yes, you should setup credentials in DHCP if following is true

DHCP is also Domain controller
Domain DNS zone is set to dynamic updates (AD integrated zone)

If you want more info on this topic check below site:https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee941181(v=ws.10).aspx

For more dns - dhcp integration
http://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2009/08/20/dhcp-dynamic-dns-updates-scavenging-static-entries-amp-timestamps-and-the-dnsproxyupdate-group/



Yes, you should setup credentials in DHCP if following is true

DHCP is also Domain controller
Domain DNS zone is set to dynamic updates (AD integrated zone)

If you want more info on this topic check below site:https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee941181(v=ws.10).aspx

For more dns - dhcp integration
http://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2009/08/20/dhcp-dynamic-dns-updates-scavenging-static-entries-amp-timestamps-and-the-dnsproxyupdate-group/



Thank you Mahesh,

Yes my server 2012 will be my domain controller with this services(DHCP, DNS, Active Directory).

Please take a look of my current settings for this. Do I need to do the same for my new server 2012?

Do I need to do something else on my ACTIVE DIRECTORY INTEGRATED ZONE?

Also I will check the links that you sent me.

Thank you



Sorry Mahesh,

this is the attachment.



Actually you should go to properties of IPV4 or server in DHCP Console

Check all 3 boxes

Also on general tab you will find Credentials tab some where

Ensure that in DNS zone (domain.com) properties dynamic update is set to secure only

The MVP link provided earlier will guide you all aspects of DNS - DHCP integration

Also you can search EE for DNS - DHCP integration and you will find lots of Q&A including mine answers



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget