Folder not showing up when browsing windows

I noticed today that a folder created on a Windows 2008 server is not appearing when I browse the partition it is installed on. However if I type the path in manually in windows explorer, I can get to the folder. I selected view hidden files and folders and that did not solve the issue. I even found when robocopying this directory to another windows server, it became hidden as well.



It may be a SYSTEM folder. I've come across this before - see http://www.filecats.co.uk/what-is-filecats/a-diagnostic-tool/ for more information.



It may be a SYSTEM folder. I've come across this before - see http://www.filecats.co.uk/what-is-filecats/a-diagnostic-tool/ for more information.



It shouldn't be a system folder. Its a share that people access every day without any issues, but when I log into the server, I can see the folder.



I would suggest cataloging it, either using MS-DOS or some other file cataloger, and have a look at its attributes.



Do you know the DOS commands? I',m not find anything obvious when googling.



Have a look at

Dir *.*

for example, to see system files/folders

dir *.* /AS

You might find the folder cataloger easier.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget