Not able to log into PC after I RDP into it

I have a Dell, with windows 7 Pro desktop. Everytime I RDP into it from home, when I come into the office on Monday, both of my computer screens are black and it's not even in sleep mode, because I try pressing any key on my keyboard or move the mouse and it does not wake up. I have to physically press the power button to power it down and restart it.

Does anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix this? This seemed like it started a few months or so, but I can't recall installing any software that would that.

Any thoughts in how I can resolve this issue?



Hmm, strange one. I've found reference to a similar issue with these which is apparently to do with the graphics card. May be worth a shot:
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/f/4448/t/19462838



Does it show any activity at all? (Hard drive light blinking, fan spinning, any other lights on/blinking - like network, etc?).

Is the mouse/keyboard on the computer USB wired or wireless?

Sounds like it's going to sleep and it's not set to allow devices to wake it back up again. If this is the case just pressing the power button once (doesn't power off) usually should wake it back up again.

Also when you exit the RDP session how are you doing it? (Disconnect via the X, log off, shutdown?)

What make and model is the PC?



yes, when I look at the front of the computer, the power light is on. I don't remember any other lights though.

The keyboard is wired and the mouse is wireless.

When I disconnect, I have tried both, just pressing the X and logging off.

IT's a Dell OptiPlex 780.

I don't think it's going to sleep, because If I don't RDP into it all weekend, when I come in the morning, It's not asleep, I just press the keyboard and I log right in. I turned off all the features for it going to sleep, that's what's puzzling me.



Hmm, strange one. I've found reference to a similar issue with these which is apparently to do with the graphics card. May be worth a shot:
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/f/4448/t/19462838



thanks, sounds like my problem, but I don't have an Nvidia cad, I have an ATI card.



You didn't provide a solution, but I want to give you the points for trying, I appreciate your help.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget