Placing Icon Inside Windows 7 Explorer

I feel stupid even asking this question because I know I have done this before, but when you click Save As in almost any application, a version of what I believe to be Explorer pops up offering the directory currently associated with the file you are working with. In that window, there is a bar on the left hand side. I want to place additional directory icons there. Please see the example jpg.

In the attached example, I want to add the CF directory. I have clicked numerous places and attempted multiple drag and drops - all to no avail.

For most of you this is probably a "no-brainer", so thanks in advance for taking the time.



in windows explorer (win key + e) browse the location your folder is (CF directory in your case) and drag and drop to the left side under Favorites



in windows explorer (win key + e) browse the location your folder is (CF directory in your case) and drag and drop to the left side under Favorites



That does not get me where I am trying to go. That process merely saves the CF directory into Favorites. I probably misspoke when I said the "Save As" screen was a version of Windows Explorer. I wish I could be more specific but the panel on the left of the Save As screen is not a listing of Favorites.



> Please see the example jpg.
> In the attached example,

Nothing was attached. Also, it's better to embed rather than attach. Here's a quick-read article, How to Embed Screenshots in Posts, that explains the embedding technique. Regards, Joe



BluSkyBill--
I think you are talking about the Navigation Pane in Windows Explorer. The items in the Favorites section of the Navigation Pane come from C:UsersUsernameLinks
If you go there and right click in the window, you will be offered New|Folder. You should be able to add the location link to CF there.

Since I do not know what CF is I cannot be more specific. Do you mean Compressed Folder? If so, Compressed Folder is one of the options when you right click|New in the Links folder
See also
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/48123-user-folder-add-remove-navigation-pane.html



Image.jpg 70 KB
Screen Shot

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget