screen i'm working on keeps losing focus

Hi! strange thing happening - for some reason, the window I'm typing in keeps losing focus as I'm working! it's driving me crazy. I recently got a new wireless mouse and thought maybe that was the problem, but switched back to my old wired one and it's still happening - at least some of the time. no telling when it will happen... can't figure out a pattern. I'm typing then suddenly - the window has lost focus!
not sure if it's related but I'm also suddenly have MS flight simulator (FSX) keep freezing - but it's in a way that seems like it's losing focus - it stops, minimizes, and the computer seems frozen - usually it just recovers after about 10-20 seconds after I keep clicking on the icon at the bottom of the screen.
any thoughts or ideas?
thanks!



but I'm noticing that after about 1 min or so (changes) of screen saver - it turns off <-- In addition to stuff freezing (above), you may also have viruses on this computer. Run your Antivirus application and do a complete scan.



update... as I've been using the wired mouse for a bit here I think that I am noticing it happening less... could it really have been related? is it something that could sort of "linger" and then wear off? does that make any sense?



In a properly operating Windows 7 system, screen loses focus when another application pops up. Outlook Email notifier is an good example. You may have other such things.

If you have operating system errors (MS Flight Simulator freezing) it could be harder to figure out.

Look for pop up applications.

If I am typing (e.g. here) I keep my screen focus 100% of the time. Email notifier will go in the background.

If I let go and leave the screen idle, pop up application will take focus away. I see that too.



I don't have notifier that I know of... another thing that I'm noticing is that sometimes it seems that it's happening when I hit shift (like if I'm typing a colon...) - but it's not consistent at all. that's what's so frustrating
any other ways of diagnosing?



You seem to have an operating system problem.

Try running System File Checker. Open cmd.exe with Run as Administrator and run SFC /SCANNOW. Allow to complete and check.

If that fails, you may need to try a Windows 7 Repair Install. You need the Windows 7 DVD or the recovery partition. Here is a Seven Forums Tutorial to assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html



ok thanks so much - will look into these things and keep you posted :)

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget