Understanding Dropbox

Hi, I need some help understanding Dropbox. I created an account on one computer and it automatically created a Dropbox folder on my computer. I then went to my second computer and I signed in to the account I created and was able to see the content. Maybe I am asking to much, but I thought it would automatically create a dropbox folder on the second computer and download what was on the internet and keep the second computer sync with was on the internet. That's what I envision when I created the account.

Instead what I find is that the second computer enables me to see what is on the internet but if I'm not able to get on the internet, I can't access the content because it's not on my computer. Is this the way it's supposed to work?



You need to download the dropbox installer on each computer to have the folder and enable the sync between the machines.



You need to download the dropbox installer on each computer to have the folder and enable the sync between the machines.



Can you please tell me how to do that. Since I have already installed the program on one computer, is it a separate tool or do I re-install it again. Please explain. Thanks



Just download it again and login the application after it is installed on the second computer



When you drop box installed anywhere - you'll be able to see your Dropbox folder on all computers, devices.

Your 2nd computer should have a Dropbox folder somewhere and it should have synced all the stuff from the 1st computer.

Look on the bottom left for the Dropbox icon and make sure it's set to sync.



Now that's what I'm talking about. You guys know what your doing. Works great - Thanks.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget