W2k8R2 PDC wont hold Discovery

Not sure what happened here. I modified the WINs setting on the PDC that was pointing to a demoted server that is no longer on network. I understand Wins is no longer needed in a w2k8+ environment (win7+ local).

I cannot see this server on the network. Seemed to start after a reboot. I can ping it and I can \serverc$. But when I look at the Advanced Network Sharing, settings for Domain Network Discovery are turned OFF. I change to ON and hit save changes but it never holds the edited settings.

Ideas?



There is a similar question on EE, also on Windows 2008--maybe his solution wil help you too http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Windows_Server_2008/Q_27412907.html



There is a similar question on EE, also on Windows 2008--maybe his solution wil help you too http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Windows_Server_2008/Q_27412907.html









Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget