What's wrong with my notebook?

Hi Experts,

I am experiencing this at random:The dropdown of the Windows Run dialog box or the Windows Explorer (located at the top) is traversing the dropdown list at a very fast speed; it repeats from the top of the list when it reached the bottom.
It also sometimes happens to the dropdown of other apps.
Its getting more frustrating.
When it happens, I can't do my work.

Does anyone has the same experience?
How can I get rid of this behavior?
I am not able to upload the video, let me know how I can this be done.

My notebook details:Dell Latitude E7440
Windows 7 64-bit

Thank you in advance.



Could one of the keys be jamming (could be a cursor key), or suchlike?

Try typing every character in some document.
Try maneuvering around with the cursor keys.
Also use the Ctrl/Alt/Shift keys



Could one of the keys be jamming (could be a cursor key), or suchlike?

Try typing every character in some document.
Try maneuvering around with the cursor keys.
Also use the Ctrl/Alt/Shift keys



It could also be that touchpad has malfunctioned. Try disabling touchpad to see if error stops.



does it boot up normally? then a stuck key seems unprobable
can it be malware? -if so run these :
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php MBAM
http://majorgeeks.com/RogueKiller_d6983.html Roguekiller



The problem kind of like solved after I plug in the USB keyboard.



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget