Which one is the best free windows antivirus software?

I’m looking for the best free windows antivirus software, Can you help me? Please give me the reason why is the best and the link to download it?

Thank you,
Salvador Hernandez



For me it is definitely Panda Free Antivirus. It is very light on system resources as most of it's work is done "in the cloud". I've used it for years and never had an issue (I used Avast! free and sometimes Avira free earlier, but those used a lot of system resources, and often caused crashes).

But of course, as with most free AV solutions, you are only allowed to use the free version if it's for private use. If you use it for business, then the only option is to use M$'s security essentials, which you can use on up to 10 PC's in a business (including servers before 2012 server, other free AV products don't run on server OS's).

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/



For me it is definitely Panda Free Antivirus. It is very light on system resources as most of it's work is done "in the cloud". I've used it for years and never had an issue (I used Avast! free and sometimes Avira free earlier, but those used a lot of system resources, and often caused crashes).

But of course, as with most free AV solutions, you are only allowed to use the free version if it's for private use. If you use it for business, then the only option is to use M$'s security essentials, which you can use on up to 10 PC's in a business (including servers before 2012 server, other free AV products don't run on server OS's).

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/



Are you looking it for personal or business use?
For business use the selection is really limited:http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/6740-free-antivirus-business.html
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/free-antivirus-for-corporate-commercial-and-educational-use/

If you are asking about AV for home use, I would probably install avira.
http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
But I can not say it is the best free AV. You are anyway selecting from a bunch of limited AV solutions (and annoying ads).



Comodo antivirus all the way, sophos and clamav



There is no 'BEST' Panda and AVG rated the highest as per PC Magazine



I find AVG suited to my taste. If you pick a highly rated antivirus, they all do detection well and it comes down to "I like the way this one looks" or "I like this interface better."

I agree 100% that unwanted software is a problem. It is tiresome to scrutinize every check box and description to find out if one of those "that looks right" options actually installs unwanted commercial bloatware.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget