Windows Server 2008 Hangs on restart applying updates

I initiated a restart on a Windows 2008 server and it is stuck on one of the Windows updates. This is a virtual machine under HyperV. I can browse to the drives on the server, but cannot remote in using remote desktop. I believe many services were stopped during the restart.

I can connect to the server using HyperV Manager, but can no longer get to the start menu as the server seems to be partially shut down.

Do I have any option other than shutting off the server? There is the typical Microsoft warning not to shut off the system during the update process and I am concerned about the result.



you can shut down forcedly from HyperV Manager then remove NIC and try to start and stop update from control panel then add NIC and start manually as you want.



you can shut down forcedly from HyperV Manager then remove NIC and try to start and stop update from control panel then add NIC and start manually as you want.









Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget